Hours of operation- Thursday-Saturday, 10:00 am-4:00 pm
Check out the handmade gifts in the SQTM gift shop!
Flavin Glover presents an exhibit entitled "Color: The Design Element with Punch" July 12- September 29, 2018.
Flavin Glover, a quilt designer and teacher, has a degree in Clothing, Textiles and Related Arts from Auburn University. Innovative Log Cabin and geometric patchwork quilts composed of many fabrics in vibrant colors have become her trademark. She has created numerous quilts inspired from landscapes and architecture. Her patchwork quilts and original wearable fashions have been exhibited and published extensively since 1979. Flavin teaches workshops and gives lectures throughout the U.S. Her patchwork and design workshops cater to varied skill levels and cover a range of topics.
- Quilts by Men, an exhibit featuring quilts made by men will be on exhibit October 11, 2018-January 26, 2019.
- Modern Quilts will be the exhibit January 31- April 27, 2019.
- Studio 222 From Auburn, AL will present a fiber exhibition May-June 2019
- Mary Kerr's national known exhibit "Twisted" will on exhibit in the summer of 2019.
- Mary Kerr will speak at the 2019 Annual Membership Meeting September 2019.
Southeastern Quilt and Textile Museum's Annual Membership Meeting
The Southeastern Quilt and Textile Museum presents a talk by Flavin Glover on Saturday, September 8 at 10 am. The current exhibit is by Mrs. Glover. For the talk she will bring additional quilts including her renown quilt, “Row Houses” which was included in “100 Best American Quilts of the 20th Century.” Museum members may attend the talk for free while tickets for non-members are $25. It's a great time to show your support for the museum by becoming a member at the meeting! Your donation helps bring exciting exhibitions, provides supplies necessary for Kids Quilting Camp, and provides funds for operation costs.